Returning to bowls – October 2020
Everyone is missing something in 2020
From this Thursday 22nd of October, we are able to resume some limited practice at the Berwick Bowling Club.
The situation is fluid and rules and guidelines are continually changing. The Club leadership is working to achieve one aim…….to bowl. We need you to adhere to the guidelines to make sure that we all stay safe and enjoy our game.
- We can only use Green 1 and Green 4
- The Clubhouse is closed apart from the toilet facilities.
- All practice sessions must be booked through the Bookings page on the website
- Masks MUST be worn at all times when not on the green practicing. We also recommend that you continue to wear your mask while practicing also, but respect that some members may find this difficult.
Masks must comply with current State Government guidelines (click here). Please ensure that you are wearing a compliant mask.
- Practice sessions are 85 mins long. This allows 5 mins to clear the green and return mats and jacks to their clean bath before the next group starts their session
- Players must enter either via separate entrances depending on which green you’re using.
Green 1 must use the flagpole entry, and players on green 4 must enter via the entry at the rear of the clubhouse near green 4.
- Players on Green 1 should use the outdoor toilet behind green 2. Players on Green 4 may use the toilets at the western end of the Clubhouse. You may not enter the clubhouse proper or the kitchen area.
There are more guidelines on the Covid19 page of the website. The situation is fluid and rules and guidelines are continually changing. The Club is working to achieve one aim…….to bowl, and need you to adhere to the guidelines to make sure that we all stay safe and enjoy our game.
The Board of Management